Re: new language process (Quechua): 1st step adding a locale

On 2/23/06, Denis Barbier <barbier@linuxfr.org> wrote:
> Unfortunately writing a locale is not currently an easy task, with no
> good reason.  Here is a first try to lower barriers.

Hi Denis,

[As you know, I am working currently on a fix for ro_RO]

I have seen in your template the following section:

# 4. Charsets
#    List of supported charsets.  The first one is the default for
#    this locale.  New locales should not need any other chanrset
#    than UTF-8.
# Example:
# charset "UTF-8"
charset ""

Is it possible to declare more than one charset? I was thinking of
placing the other frequently used encodings for Romanian iso-8859-2
and iso-8859-16 to the list. How should add that?

The only thing I have seen related to encodings is:
% Charset: UTF-8

Should there be a line like the one below in the locale definition file?
charset "UTF-8 ISO-8859-16 ISO-8859-2"

What is the separator between the encoding names? Comma/space/other?

--
Regards,
EddyP