Should nonbreakable space belong to whitespace class?

Hi,

recently I spent desperate hour debugging one script which I use for
extracting some information from Debian web pages and which suddenly
stopped working.

The cause of this problem was really simple -- the affected page
simply started to use nonbreakable spaces instead of ordinary ones.

Unfortunately, nonbreakable space is not included in character class
\s or [:space:] (aka whitespace). As it is usually not distinguishable
from the ordinary space in most of the fonts, I would say that
nonbreakable space should be added to the whitespace class in regexp
libraries.

What do our i18n experts think?

--
Miroslav Kure