new language process (Quechua): 1st step adding a locale

Hi, due some a project I'm working on now I've happen to need to
develop/create a new locale for a language since it doesn't exist now
in any GNU/Linux system as far I've researched.

This language is Quechua and is spoken by at least half of the people
in my country (Perú) and people in Bolivia, Ecuador and some in
Argentina as far as I know. It's the native language people speak here
before Spanish came. At least in my country is the second official
language.

Since I'm working on this already I'd like this work to be shared and
hopefully be pushed in Debian. That's why I'm writing here.

I've read Christian's howto about d-i i18n and the new language process
chapter[0], which was very helpful. I've collected some information
regarding language information to build a locale, but since I'm not a
native speaker, unfortunately nor able to speak much of some words,
and not a locale expert either. I'like to make sure this is done right.

I'm going to ask some native speakers and people that have plenty
experience on the language to get feedback on the information needed.
So, finally, my questions are: Do I need to check for something
else/important than the information a locale needs[1]?
Second, there are any tools/places where I can get more details about
building the codes for LC_*?

Once we've discussed here in the community about making a Quechua
translation, but as far as this project got is near to none. So maybe
it's the initial step to resume such initiatives. This language has
a particular characteristic since it's mostly spoken but people is not
used to write nor read on this language, there are not much produced
material for the later.

thank you,
Rudy

0- http://people.debian.org/~bubulle/d-i/i18n-doc/ch03s02.html
1- I've checked this bug for instance and it gave me very good
background
   http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi/ro_RO?bug=119528

--
Rudy Godoy | 0x3433BD21 | http://stone-head.org               ,''`.