Re: i18n work session in Extremadura, Spain, September 2006
- To: Michael Bramer <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: i18n work session in Extremadura, Spain, September 2006
- From: César Gómez Martín <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 19:30:34 +0100
- Message-id: <[🔎] firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <20051230002810.GA8288@laptop.deb-support.de>
- References: <20051220181555.GD15017@djedefre.onera> <20051220202044.GA23286@localhost> <email@example.com> <20051229201151.GC4849@laptop.deb-support.de> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20051230002810.GA8288@laptop.deb-support.de>
On 12/30/05, Michael Bramer <email@example.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 29, 2005 at 10:38:45PM +0100, Stefano Canepa wrote:
> > Il giorno gio, 29/12/2005 alle 21.11 +0100, Michael Bramer ha scritto:
> > > On Wed, Dec 21, 2005 at 02:54:19PM +0100, Stefano Canepa wrote:
> > > > > I've worked with the DDTP project and I'm very much interested in reviving
> > > > > it. Also, since the times of the DDTP, I've always dreamed of a web
> > > > > interface that makes translations easy.
> > > >
> > > > There is a project on alioth for ddtp to revive all the project. I need
> > > > to take a look at it as it's a long time I do not take time for this
> > > > project. The best thing about ddtp was how it worked, I mean the email
> > > > interface. This was also quite easely interfaced with the ddtc client
> > > > program. What need to be improved is:
> > > > - reliability of the server
> > > > - UI of the client
> > >
> > > The project on alioth is not active.
> > >
> > > If you like to see news about ddtp, see http://ddtp.debian.net/. You
> > > can use the translations with the apt version from experimental,
> > > thanks to Michael Vogt. (see
> > > http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/a/apt/apt_0.6.43exp2/changelog)
> > >
> > > At this time http://ddtp.debian.net/ is only a readonly interface to
> > > the new sql-database.
> > >
> > > If you have questions, ask...
> > >
> > Why don't we start the project again? I was one of the italian
> > translator. I liked how DDTP worked.
> I rewrite the ddts with a sql database. If I add the mail (and/or a
> web) interface you can upload new translations to the database...
Hi, I would love to be able to upload new translations to the database.
If it is not possible due to any infraestructural issue we can talk
and see what can be done to revive the project.
We, gnuLinEx developers, are very interested in reviving this project
so if we can help with something don't hesitate to ask for help.
César Gómez Martín - www.cesargomez.org -