Re: Some names are missing from the list of translators

Luk Claes <luk@debian.org> (13/11/2005):
> Thomas Huriaux wrote:
> > Luk Claes <luk@debian.org> (13/11/2005):

> >>I added a .* after \\n, so no need to bug all translators who use EOLs
> >>that don't end with \n :-)
> >

> > I've fixed it as following (in the dl10n cvs):
> > -                if (m/^"Last-Translator:\s*(.*)\\n"$/m) {
> > +                if (m/^"Last-Translator:\s*(.*)\\n"\r?$/m) {
> >
> > Luk, I don't know where you have fixed it, but the .* should be added
> > after the " and not before. I also prefer to limit it to \r? and not .*.
>
> I don't see any reason to put it behind the ",

"Last-Translator:				^"Last-Translator:
(spaces)					\s*
Daniel Nylander <po@danielnylander.se>		(.*)
\n						\\n
"						"
\r						\r?
(end of the line)				$

> nor do I understand why
> you want to limit it to "\r?", maybe we should change it so that all
> common EOLs are supported: \n, \r and \n\r?

\n (unix EOL) is ok
\r\n (dos EOL) is ok with \r?
\r (mac EOL) gives disastrous results with everything (debconf-updatepo,
...), so if somebody send such a file, I hope the maintainer won't
include it. That's why I think it's better to limit it to \r?.

> If you want to limit it to \r, did you check if your expression works as
> I'm not sure if it there shouldn't be an extra "\" ...

no, \\ means \

Cheers,

--
Thomas Huriaux