Re: Attempt to get a simpler setup of console fonts for systems installed by D-I

2005/12/14, Anton Zinoviev <anton@lml.bas.bg>:
> On Wed, Dec 14, 2005 at 01:16:41PM +0200, Ognyan Kulev wrote:
> >
> > I checked upstream mails and now it doesn't look so bad as I described
> > it.  The problem with k is that such wrong fonts are used in books and
> > magazines.  For example, upstream mentions PC World-Bulgaria and a C++
> > quick reference book and says this makes tall k "100% legitimate".
>
> This shape of the Cyrillic "k" is a relatively recent invention of the
> Bulgarian font makers.  As far as I know it is never used outside of
> Bulgaria.  Even in Bulgaria almost all books and newspapers use the
> traditional Cyrillic "k".  The "modern" (so to say) "k" is used mostly
> in the magazines, IT newspapers and IT books, various broshures,
> adverticements, etc.
>
> The conclusion is: the new "k" looks ugly to most Cyrillic-users
> outside of Bulgaria and the traditional "k" is perfectly normal for
> the Cyrillic users in Bulgaria.

The file need-characters/ru looks OK, except "k"(I will be glad, if
someone will fix this)
and other character -- cyrillic small ge ("г").
In the font its look like reflecting latin "s". In Russia, that
typeface of a character
is a hand-written character of the ge.
I think, it must be look like other cyrillic characters in the font --
roman type.
I.e. it must be a small copy of capital character ge ("Г")

--
Regards,
Yuri Kozlov