Re: Summary of the early ideas about a debian-i18n meeting in Estremadura

On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 07:12:43 +0100
Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org> wrote:

> We're slowly converging towards a Debian-i18n meeting in September
> 2006 (the only one for who this date is not convenient being Martin
> Quinson).
>
> I'll do my best to setup a meeting schedule. Nine months ahead is a
> bit hard to include details, so the agenda would be quite general, the
> more focused topics probably appearing after the Debian Conference of
> May 2006 in Mexico.
>
> Up to now, I have recorded the following people as interested:
>
> -Lior Kaplan, from Israel. In charge of Hebrew l10n/i18n activities
>
> -Denis Barbier, from France. Developer of the alternative locales
>  package and one of the major i18n technical references in the Debian
>  project
>
> -Keld J ?rn Simonsen, from Denmark. Keld, please describe your
>  activities in i18n
>
> -Stefano Canepa, from Italy, In charge of Debian Installer italian
>  l10n and involved in many Italian localization activities
>
> -Giuseppe Sacco, from Italy, In charge of Debian Installer italian
>  10n and involved in many Italian localization activities as well.
>
> -Felipe Augusto van de Wiel, from Brazil. Highly interested in setting
> up a general l10n framework for Debian (like other people in Brazil
> such as Otavio Salvador)
>
> -Miriam Ruiz, from Spain. Involved in the Debian women project as well
>  as many development and i18n activities around the Spanish/Castillan
>  language
>
> -Martin Quinson, from France. Involved in Debian i18n for a long time,
> though less involved because of real life constraints.
>
> -"svaksha" (I only use her real name in public when she agrees) from
>  India, Sanskrit translator for D-I and in Ubuntu.
>
> -myself, Christian Perrier from France, one of the responsible people
>  for i18n of the Debian Installer as well as permanent i18n advocate in
>  Debian..:)

Hello,
I'm new on this list
My name is Odile Bénassy, a member of OFSET, organization for free software in education and teaching
I develop GNU Edu http://www.ofset.org/gnuedu

As this project is a lot about localization actually, I would like to take part in this Estramadurian conference and try to explain what kind of problems one encounters when you try to translate educational resources.

--
Odile Bénassy, OFSET
http://www.ofset.org