Re: Gujarati Translation for d-i.alioth.debian.org

Quoting Kartik Mistry (kartik.mistry@gmail.com):
> Hi,
>
> I would like to start d-i localization/translation for Gujarati (gu-IN)
> language. I already get d-i.po and started work on that too. Looking for reply.

I suggest that you subscribe to the
debian-in-workers@lists.alioth.debian.org mailinig list.

This is the place where all work for the support of Indic family
languages is done (and the effort is currently tremendous for many
languages).

Discussing this over there may make easy to find more translators
volunteering.

In the same time, given that no-one actually volunteered to Gujarati,
we can probably begin the "New Language Process" described in
http://people.debian.org/~bubulle/d-i/i18n-doc

Logically, I would ask you to get in touch privately with me for this.

What I want to suggest here for this New Language Process: make an
exception to the "rule" and have it happen in debian-i18n. This is a
fairly recent process which I normalized in the Debian Installer i18n
documentation and it may raise interest to some of the readers in this
mailing list (I already ran the process in public for another
language: Bengali, in debian-in-workers).

This means that we would then use the list for our exchanges, making a
long thread of 20-30 messages or so in about 2 weeks. The main
interest is showing everyone what happens when someone volunteers for
a new language.

Do you agree ? If so, I let you read the documentation pointed above
and we'll start running the process when you mention me you're ready.