Re: Providing context (was: Re: Limping on with GIMP)

On 14/09/2005, at 6:29 AM, Denis Barbier wrote:

One could imagine a large total of comments, but
certainly to start out with, it would provide the translator with
some information in the PO file, not having to hunt it up anywhere
else, and allow us to help each other out, not duplicate effort.

This can also be achieved by adding a comments.po file which
is hand edited by translators if they want to add comments before
they reach sources.
I believe that it is pretty useless, but we could give it a try.

I know, it's not an elegant solution. I'm just trying to fulfil my part of the context responsibility, if that is indeed partly our responsibility. I'm keen to see an improvement in the quality of context in PO files (aiming at something truly excellent like the Debian Installer Level 1), so I'll put effort while I can into anything people decide would work.