Re: debconf priorities?

Thanks for your prompt and helpful reply as always, Martin. :)

On 22/08/2005, at 5:41 PM, Martin Quinson wrote:

On behalf of the Vietnamese translation team, I would like to
announce that we have finished the debconf PO files, bar the contrib
and non-free sections.

Congrats !

Thankyou. It's rather a long and tedious task, as I'm sure everyone here knows.

Do these remaining sections have higher priority than other Debian
translations which we could now start? I thought I should check that
first.

In general, what are the priorities for translation after debconf? (I
mean, assuming translators survive that section with sanity more or
less intact... ;) )

My philosophy is that the one who does is the one who says.

That does simplify things. However, it's still good to get some advice on what is most-used, what is central to the project. My Gnome co-ordinator, for example, directs me to packages most used in our community, which is very helpful. :)

So, you're free
to translate whatever you want. I would personnaly advice to translate the messages of the debian specific packages. Here is a list of such packages,
with some false positive.

Thankyou: that's exactly what I needed. :)

(And it's not a huge list, which is encouraging, also I can rely on program files to have more variety and more challenge than so many config files at once.

The numbers afterwards are the french statistics. It's simply that it's
easier for me to get them that way. It was generated with:
PERLLIB=lib ./dl10n-txt --debian --show=po fr

So if I use the same command, for my language, I'll get the same kind of report? That's very handy.

(note also that the stat jumps to 88% -- 6420/0/838 -- when assuming that all bugs reported were applied; I can see this by adding a -a on the above
command line).

It's a big assumption. ;)

Merci beaucoup, mon ami.