Re: Tracking debconf status

On 22/08/2005, at 5:36 PM, Martin Quinson wrote (in conclusion):

I'm dreaming of using pootle as a central database here, so that these
issues solve from themselves.

It's a beautiful thought. Hopefully we can do some of that. My dream, as a OSS translator, is to have _all_ my projects available on the same Pootle server, but that may be a bit much to expect. ;)

Will see what we manage to do, but that's all I have to offer for now.

It's a huge amount, thankyou very much, Martin. :) Having lots of translators to co-ordinate isn't exactly a problem for us, but the rest of it is very interesting. It will take me a while to work through, but I'll do it bit by bit.

Even if I have recorded the date of translating the file, if the file is still sitting in the Update section on the status page, I think the only way to find out if it needs updating again or not is still to open both files and diff them. :(

(Or wait until the developer says, "Why aren't you translating my file?" :D)

I suppose my best option is to track the bug reports. Once a translation has been processed, the bug closed, I can mark that file finished in my database, so if it's "still" in the Update section on the status page, i'll know then that it needs updating again, iff the status pages are dynamically connected to bugs being closed, so there isn't enough time between the two events for the information to become confused again...

I keep thinking, "There _must_ be an easier way..." :S