Re: future of package descriptions translation?!

> I read some mails about pootle, rosetta and other web translation
> interfaces. If debian like to use something like this for the debian
> packages descriptions too, I don't like to wast my time in this
> project.

As far as I see, the mail interface of the DDTP server is its
specificity. Being able to work remotely is a great advantage over
web-based things (or the current "framework" we have around Debian).

I've had a nice demo of Rosetta by Mark Shuttleworth yesterday and it
really was impressive with, as far as I see, far more fetaures and
interesting possibiities than Pootle.

So, actually, I don't have a clear opinion on all tools yet. Just the
general feeling that we might be in the situation of wheel reinventing
(no offense intended, it happens oftem).

Actually, if there were no potential concerns about some parts of the
Rosetta framemwork, I would probably highly recommend we turn our
attention to it. So, actually, I still need to have a deeper talk with
Daffydd Harries about it, just to have a correct picture.

> If you like to use some other framework, this is no problem. If you
> like, I can transform all the translation in any file format for this
> other framework. Only ask. (e.g.: for german we have >8000
> translations for sarge)

Probably in all cases, we have to work with PO files: this is about
all I'm sure of, actually.