future of package descriptions translation?!

Hello

I am at DebConf5 in HEL now and I got some questions and had some
discussions about DDTP in the last days.

I also read all my mails, debian-i18n and some mails from
debian-devel. I would like to start the DDTP again a second time, if

  - we get support for the normal user (an apt version in etch with
    support for translated descriptions and the needes files on
    ftp-master)
  - the translators and the debian project like to use something like
    DDTP.

If we start with DDTP again, I like to rewrite some (or all) parts of
the ddts.

I read some mails about pootle, rosetta and other web translation
interfaces. If debian like to use something like this for the debian
packages descriptions too, I don't like to wast my time in this
project.

If you like to use some other framework, this is no problem. If you
like, I can transform all the translation in any file format for this
other framework. Only ask. (e.g.: for german we have >8000
translations for sarge)

Comments?

Thanks

Gruss
Grisu
--
Michael Bramer  -- http://www.feuerwehr.kreuzau.de/wiki/
the steps:  "What's Linux?", "Should we use Linux?", "How do we use Linux?",