Re: [D-I] The impact of a new language on Debian Installer

Christian Perrier wrote:
> About the memory impact:
>
> I have booted mini.iso images in qemu up to the languagechooser
> screen. Then I switched to VT2 and issued the "free" command:

And subtracted out buffered values to get real numbers? :-)

FWIW, one thing your approach does not check is how much memory is used
at the very end of the anna run, when all translated udebs are
downloaded and installed. That's close to the peak memory usage point of
the installer.

--
see shy jo