Re: bug-reporting for non-English users

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005, Clytie Siddall wrote:

> Thankyou for your reply, Lior.
>
> On 29/04/2005, at 7:45 PM, Lior Kaplan wrote:

[...]
> Is it not possible to send email in Hebrew? I thought it was.
> >
> > I think we should stick with English on this. If you can't report
> > yourself, find someone who will report for you.
>
> Sounds good for the English-speakers, not so good if you're not. Can we
> really assume that everyone who needs to learn to use a computer, knows
> someone who speaks English and is willing to write bug reports for
> them?

If they don't, they'll hopefully find the translation team or users
mailinglist in their language, or IRC channel in their language or
something similar.

Something that could help are the translations of the website (where you
can put this extra information like mentioning IRC channel)

Cheers

Luk