Re: a couple of aptitude queries :)

On Monday 25 April 2005 01:41 pm, Eugeniy Meshcheryakov wrote:
> 25 квітня 2005 о 13:08 -0400 Daniel Burrows написав(-ла):
> >   I suppose that the gettext-friendly solution is something like
> >
> >   char ch=toupper(response[0]);
> >
> >   if(ch == _("Yes")[0])
>
> Bad idea. When using UTF-8 locale, and if aptitude will be translated to
> Ukrainian (for example), we will have:
>   if(ch == "Так"[0])
> This will be true for all (or most of) cyrillic letters. Т = "\x0d\xb0"
> and all cyrillic letters have first byte \x0d.

  Right now aptitude is utterly broken in UTF-8 anyway.  When the UTF-8
conversion is done, it should handle input in UTF-8 properly as well (or
everything will break, as you pointed out).

  Daniel

--
/----------------- Daniel Burrows <d.burrows4@verizon.net> -----------------\
|         Somewhere, just out of sight, the unicorns are gathering.         |