Re: filenames in aptitude and translation of docs

Quoting Clytie Siddall (clytie@riverland.net.au):

> >po:618
> >reference:	⑤	src/ui.cc:672
> >Original:	?0	help.txt
> >
> >.po:619
> >reference:	⑤	src/ui.cc:688
> >Original:	?0	README
>
> (Output from LocFactoryEditor, excellent localizer for Mac OSX GUI)
>
> (a) I would be quite happy to translate them if I may, but I need first
>
> (b) to check the display options: can the Debian system display
> filenames in utf-8? Because those two strings, for example, would
> become:

Don't translate them. This is a trick used by aptitude to display its
help from a localised file. So, unless there are help-vi.txt and a
README-vi files, you should just leave the filenmaes as is.

Anyway, this is usually *not* a good idea to translate file names in
such context.