Re: Kurdish locale

Quoting Erdal Ronahi (erdal.ronahi@gmx.net):
> Hi,
>
> I am working on several localization projects for the Kurdish language
> for Windows and Linux. Debian does not yet seem to have the locale
> information for Kurdish, while Mandrake has.

Indeed, there is a Kurdish locale in the alternative locales package
from Denis Barbier : belocs-locales-data.

I suspect Denis got it from Mandrake or from suggestions to upstream
glibc.

Again a good occasion for me to mention that I indeed intent to
promote Denis alternate package for locales, which is far more
reactive than the locales package, where Debian maintainers are
essentially blocked to their upstream frilosity (hmmm, is that
English?).

This Kurdish locale should indeed be submitted to the locales package,
I guess. Erdal, would you care reviewing it? I may send it to you if
you want and compare it with the Mandrake one.

Moreover, I suppose that *other* Kurdish locales should be written for
other countries such as Syria, Irak and (IIRC) Iran. Otherwise, having
only a Kurdish/Turkey locale would rapidly lead to political disputes
(anyway, I guess that political disputes are always close with that
matter).