Re: File Formats and Names in Bug Reports

On Mon, Sep 06, 2004 at 02:32:28PM -0500, John Hasler wrote:
> Bartosz Fenski aka fEnIo writes:
> > Ok and what about compressing? Should be allowed or shouldn't?
>
> It should be required or forbidden, I don't care which.  If it is required
> you should standardize on one type.

As long as translations are sent to the BTS, this sentence does not make
sense, there is no policy on how patches should look like.

> > And the most important part... how to ensure that translators will use
> > this convention?
>
> Close their bugs with a "Not usable: nonstandard format" comment when they
> get it wrong.

Debian developers insist on keeping translations under control, they
have to assume their choices.  In such a case, the solution is trivial,
ask submitter for clarification, as for any other bug report.

Denis