Poedit bug #232625 (was: Re: Spellchecker for poedit)

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 00:28:59 +0100
barbier@linuxfr.org (Denis Barbier) wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 23, 2004 at 11:46:03PM +0100, Tim Dijkstra wrote:
>
> > Note this is still version 1.2.4, the 1.2.5 version of poedit seems
> > to have problems (see Christians post of few days ago). it
>
> Tim, if you are a C++ guy, could you please try to fix #232625?
> The problem is quite simple, but I am unable to fix it due to my poor
> knowledge of C++, and I do not know whether upstream is working on it
> (he did not reply to Christian at
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=896320&group_id=27043&atid=389153)
> The problem is that "#:" and "#," lines have a special processing, but
> not "#." which are inserted by xgettext when comments are found in
> source files.  As a result such comments are treated like translator
> comments: they are editable, and written back as "# " which is pretty
> annoying because xgettext will add them again.  They should instead be
> displayed as not-editable text, and of course not be changed when
> writing PO files.  If this cannot be easily done, a compromise would
> be to only display source comments but not translator comments, IMO
> they are more important.

Well I can have a look at it, but to be sure I get what you want;

The problem is that lines that start with #. should not be treaded as
comments. Ideally you would want a extra field which displays this
information. Would it also be ok for you to have them silently
ignored (but kept in the file of course). In the files I translated
these lines usually show the field type, which is usually not that
interesting.

grts Tim