Re: Spellchecker for poedit

On Mon, Feb 23, 2004 at 11:46:03PM +0100, Tim Dijkstra wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I usually use poedit for translation work. It works very well for me, I
> only missed a spellchecker, so I added aspell support to it. I already
> send it upstream, but thought I couldn't hurt to let you guys test it.
> You can find a i386 binary at:
>
> http://www.famdijkstra.org/~tdykstra/debian/poedit/poedit_1.2.4-2.1.aspell_i386.deb
>
> The .dsc and .diff.gz are in the same dir.
>
> Note this is still version 1.2.4, the 1.2.5 version of poedit seems to
> have problems (see Christians post of few days ago). Also note that
> you'll need some aspell dictionaries to really use it

Tim, if you are a C++ guy, could you please try to fix #232625?
The problem is quite simple, but I am unable to fix it due to my poor
knowledge of C++, and I do not know whether upstream is working on it
(he did not reply to Christian at http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=896320&group_id=27043&atid=389153)
The problem is that "#:" and "#," lines have a special processing, but
not "#." which are inserted by xgettext when comments are found in
source files.  As a result such comments are treated like translator
comments: they are editable, and written back as "# " which is pretty
annoying because xgettext will add them again.  They should instead be
displayed as not-editable text, and of course not be changed when
writing PO files.  If this cannot be easily done, a compromise would be
to only display source comments but not translator comments, IMO they
are more important.

Denis