Re: Problems with locales and Norwegian

Carlos Perelló Marín <carlos@pemas.net> wrote on 01/02/2004 (12:55) :
> How did you tied it?
>
> It's a know gettext feature.
>
> test it this way:
>
> $ LANGUAGE=no_NO:no_NY:nb:nn strace application > /tmp/output 2>&1

First of all there is nothing called no_NY:nb:nn

I tried

export LANGUAGE=nb_NO:no_NO:nn_NO

but this didn't work. However I just found out that if I also do:

export LANG=nb_NO

then it workds (that is Abiword gets Norwegian menus (bokmaal))

Don't understand why one have to set both LANG and LANGUAGE though.

Problem is still that if one start Abiword from the Gnome menus it
doesn't work.

--
"Saving keystrokes is the job of the text editor, not the programming
 language."