Re: Date/Time names in Debian's languages

On Thu, Aug 21, 2003 at 08:54:46PM +0000, Robert Millan wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Is there any place where we hold translations of months, days, etc in
> Debian il8n'ed languages?
>
> I ask this because sometimes I do small website commits that only change
> non-translatable terms and hence I'm able to update the translations myself
> without knowing the language, with the only difficulty of updating the
> "last modified" date.

It could be good to add a specific tag for the web pages such as
<display-date date="2003/08/29">, but the problem is not as easy as
translating the month in place, since the layout of the words depends on the
language.

It could be done by a perl implementation, tweaking the LC_TIME locale, for
example.

For now, I guess that it means that you cannot update the translations
yourself, sadly enough.

Thanks, Mt.

--
I don't care whichever programming language we choose, as long as it's C.