Re: test of debconf po files and some questions...

fre 2003-03-07 klockan 10.58 skrev Michael Bramer:
> > I'm looking at
> > http://ddtp.debian.org/debconf/template_unstable/anna/templates-de.po
> >
> > There are weird things about it.
> > * Several messages are commented out. Why's that?
>
> ok, I make the decision to comment out all untranslated messages. (first
> I add this with a empty messages, and get some 'remove this messages'. I
> hope with this comments, a merge with the package po file and the po
> file from the DDTP simpler, not?)

Ah, that might be a good point, yes, easier for msgmerge.

> > * There are three *empty* messages (msgid ""), and no, I don't mean the
> > multi-line messages.
>
> Yes.
>
> The ddts assume the every description has a short _and_ one extended
> description. IMHO a missing extended description is a bug (comments?).
>
> Because of this you see this "" messages...

Oh. I *definitely* don't think it's a bug for the "text" template type,
since it's non-interactive. A missing extended description is almost
always bad, but not necessarily a bug. What does the debconf spec say
about it? I think the ddts should handle empty extended descs. Maybe
with a warning.

> > * The header lacks terminating \n:s, meaning msgfmt says:
> > msgfmt: templates-de.po: warning: Charset
> > "ISO-8859-1Content-Transfer-Encoding:" is not a portable encoding name.
>
> I fix this now ...

Great!

--
Martin Sjögren