Re: Uploaded ja-trans 0.3 (source all) to jp

At Thu, 26 Aug 1999 11:47:46 -0400,
Adam Di Carlo <adam@onshore.com> wrote:

> In message <[🔎] 14274.49904.146539.8570I@lavender.ukai.org> you wrote:
> >PO files in ja-trans package are already uploaded to mainly japo@flatout.org,
> >which is unofficial translation project, because official translation
> >project (ja@li.org) requires written "copyright disclaimer" and many
> >people probably can not get it from their employer.
> >Anyway, some people are now contributing some of these PO files, and
> >we are inviting more and more people to contribute to do it.
>
> Um, if you can't get some sort of copyright or licensing under which the
> material can be distributed compatible with the upstream source, we have
> no business in distributing the stuff anyway.  Can you give me more
> details?

Ah, I don't know much about it, but I've heard that translators want to
publish it under GPL, but official translation project want them to
get written permission from their employer before they work in order
to prevent future claims from their employer about thier works.
Someone says it's necessary for everyone to translate it, but others
says it's necessary for only professional translators.  I don't know
which is right.   Anyhow, we think these translation are distributed under
GPL.

Regards,
Fumitoshi UKAI