Unidentified subject!

debian-i10n-spanish@lists.debian.org, czdebian-l@debian.cz
Subject: Re: debiandoc-sgml needs i18n data
From: Ardo van Rangelrooij <avrangel@flevonet.nl>
Date: 25 Apr 1999 20:07:33 +0200

Hi,

I see I need to clarify the use of the various strings:

  'previous' is used in HTML and refers to the previous main section
  (is one of Chapter, Appendix, Footnotes, Titlepage).  Currently we
  use 'back' for this, but I think that 'previous' is more appropriate
  as the opposite of 'next'.

  'page' caused to problems so far.

  'The Detailed Node Listing' is used in Texinfo for the more detailed
  part of the master menu.  The first part of this menu lists just the
  chapters, appendices, indeces, etc, while the second part lists also
  all sections, subsections, etc.  Note that this is just the prefered
  name of calling this second part.

  'Section', 'Subsection', etc. are used in cross-references.  Note
  that in DebianDoc-SGML we have 5 section levels below a chapter.

The idea of Marcus for just using `Section x.y.z` instead of all these
possible "weird" other names make absolutely sense.  I propose we go
for it.  At least it simplifies the translations. :-)

Hope this helps in finding the appropriate translations.

Thanks,
Ardo
--
Ardo van Rangelrooij