Re: To support multibyte character sets.

On Thu, Jul 23, 1998 at 11:49:55AM +0100, Luis Francisco Gonzalez wrote:
> We are/were anyway considering a redesign of the boot system for the mid-term.
> If we find we have the time to actually go for it, we will I have some call
> for proposals. This seems like an interesting one. The main problem as I see
> it, is that we need to find libraries that use wide characters.

Of course, the main problem, which you said, may be to find libraries that use
wide characters. But, IMO, it's some programs using SVGA lib. Probably,
Maintainers who live in Japan already have known this methods. In FreeBSD, CJK
bootfloppies is supported, too. This methods are based on `kon2' for Kanji
I/O. That is, after loading kernel, running init daemon, then running kon2,
and we can install FreeBSD system. Anyway, URL is :

http://wing-yee.ntc.keio.ac.jp/hosokawa/FreeBSD-boot/

Chu-yeon
--
Chu-yeon Park <kokids@doit.ajou.ac.kr> : We are KOrean KIDS, kokids!