Re: To support multibyte character sets.

Chu-yeon Park wrote:
> bootfloppies-i18n is a very nice work, but it's not *ONLY* what we translate
> messages to various languages used in our own countries we live in.
> We consider people who use multibytes, such as Korean, Chiness, Japaness, and
> so forth. I, who live in Korean and use Korean language, Hangul, always have
> some troubles because of iso-8859-x's single byte support, not multibytes.
> Anyway, I must do bootfloppies-l10n, rather than bootfloppies-i18n, and always
> modify all sources. It's difficult thing. I believe that you won't think all
> people who live in whole world use only single byte characters. Don't you
> think it's very interesting?
We are/were anyway considering a redesign of the boot system for the mid-term.
If we find we have the time to actually go for it, we will I have some call
for proposals. This seems like an interesting one. The main problem as I see
it, is that we need to find libraries that use wide characters.

Luis.