Re: [Fwd: Some qemu+hurd questions]

On Sat, 2010-11-06 at 18:26 +0100, Samuel Thibault wrote:

> > Why cant I ping to or (or
> Because with -net user these IPs are not exposed to outside.
> > >
> > > ?! I don't understand your sentence. Once you have an IP routable from
> > > outside, it will be useful to have an openssh server running in your
> > > Hurd box, since then you'll be able to connect to it.

Yes, got it now! I need to have both a telnet and ssh server running on
the Hurd box.

> > How do I obtain an IP routable from outside? Sorry, I'm lost :(
> Use anything else than -net user, e.g. -net tap.

Looks like I don't need to use the tap interface for telnet or ssh!
hostfwd is usable (earlier -redir)

qemu -m 256 -net nic,model=rtl8139 -net
user,hostfwd=tcp::5555-:22,hostfwd=tcp::5556-:23 -hda hurd-install.qemu

ssh localhost -p 5555
telnet localhost 5556