Re: [Fwd: Some qemu+hurd questions]

On Sat, 2010-11-06 at 17:06 +0100, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Svante Signell, le Sat 06 Nov 2010 17:01:05 +0100, a écrit :
> > >
> > > How did you configure your qemu network?  Check out its documentation,
> > > with the default configuration your hurd box doesn't have any IP
> > > routable from outside.
> >
> > This is how I started qemu:
> >
> > qemu -m 256 -net nic,model=rtl8139 -net user -hda hurd-install.qemu
>
> So you don't have any IP routable from outside.

Why? Do I have to use restrict=no?

> > So you mean I have to add more options to qemu to be able to SSH to hurd
> > via qemu from the host computer.
>
> Yes. See qemu doc.

According to the qemu manual page the defaults are:
(if I understood correctly)
address 10.0.2.2
netmask 255.255.0.0
gateway 10.0.2.2
dns-nameservers 10.0.2.3

Why cant I ping to 10.0.2.2 or 10.0.2.3 (or 10.0.2.15)?

> > This will also mean that having an openssh-server running on the hurd
> > box is worthless?
>
> ?! I don't understand your sentence. Once you have an IP routable from
> outside, it will be useful to have an openssh server running in your
> Hurd box, since then you'll be able to connect to it.

How do I obtain an IP routable from outside? Sorry, I'm lost :(