Re: [Fwd: Some qemu+hurd questions]

On Sat, 2010-11-06 at 11:56 +0100, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Svante Signell, le Sat 06 Nov 2010 11:36:23 +0100, a écrit :
> > I cannot get ssh to work. Installed random-egd and openssh server and
> > client. ssh out of the Hurd VM work, also from Hurd to Hurd, but not
> > from the host to Hurd. Anything I have missed to set up? Looks like
> > ifconfig,route etc do not exist, is networking different compared to
> > Linux?
>
> How did you configure your qemu network?  Check out its documentation,
> with the default configuration your hurd box doesn't have any IP
> routable from outside.

This is how I started qemu:

qemu -m 256 -net nic,model=rtl8139 -net user -hda hurd-install.qemu

So you mean I have to add more options to qemu to be able to SSH to hurd
via qemu from the host computer. This will also mean that having an
openssh-server running on the hurd box is worthless?

The network in Hurd is configured exactly as in Jeremie Koenigs
README.txt:

/etc/network/interfaces
auto etho
iface eth0 inet static