Re: Xorg problems

On Nov 26, 2007 5:27 AM, Fabienne Ducroquet <fabiduc@gmail.com> wrote:
> Le Fri, 23 Nov 2007 18:29:34 +0100, Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org> a écrit :
> > Did you configure x11-common to allow anybody to start the X server?
>
>     Yes, without that the error message says clearly that it's
> impossible to determine whether we are using a console or not.
>     I have searched where the X wrapper terminates exactly, and the last
> command executed (line 378) is
> (void) execv(xserver, argv);
> but execv neither returns an error nor launches the xserver.
>
> --
> Fabienne

With Today's upgrade, including xorg's and xserver-xorg's ones, it
seems that the problem is gone.  I removed the link after the upgrade,
and removed the setuid/setgid bits, and things work now...

BTW, seems like the problem was not under the X wrapper, cause I just
renamed the old one after removing the link...

Javier