Re: Can't get vim installed...

On Nov 23, 2007 9:13 PM, Javier Vasquez <jevv.cr@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 23, 2007 10:05 AM, Fabienne Ducroquet <fabiduc@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > OK, then note down which packages are about to be installed, and try to
> > > install them manually with dpkg, hoping there will be a more useful
> > > error message then.
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> >     I have the same error message, but it happens only if I try to
> > install or upgrade packages with sudo aptitude <command> from an account
> > other than root (and allowed to use aptitude via sudo of course).  If I
> > am logged in as root, aptitude works fine, even with sudo.
> >
> > --
> > Fabienne
>
> To me the problem shows up even for plane root...  And yes, what I´ve
> been doing is to try with aptitude, and finally install with apt-get,
> the whole bunch of packages aptitude tried to install.  Then there´s
> no problem for aptitude, because those were the packages it tried to
> install any ways...
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Javier

I think Fabienne is right.  Actually when I last tried aptitude under
plane root I didn't notice I lost my internet connection (which I'm
regaining until now), so I thought aptitude hanged again...

I'll fork this message into separate ones then since I have 2 issues
now, not exactly related to vim, :).  aptitude+sudo as non root not
working, and "su" not working at all...

Javier