Re: balrogs hurd images and network failure

On Thu, Jul 26, 2007 at 05:33:38PM +0530, Praveen A wrote:
> 2007/7/26, Andrew Sackville-West <andrew@farwestbilliards.com>:
> >
> > I think I'll have to grok building my own image...
>
> You can try this
> http://i-hug.sarovar.org/downloads/GNU/extended/10-10-2006/ (Note: It
> is not Debian GNU/Hurd but an official snapshot of GNU System).

thanks... I'll check it out.

> > any pointers?
>
> Looks like people want ready to go images. I will try to upload some
> images when I get some time.

honestly, as I read more, I think the best thing for me to do is
actually build a system from scratch. Probably I should do it first
using crosshurd and debian into a qemu image (which I've gotten a
decent handle on) just for familiarity and then build another system
from scratch using cvs.

Can a system be built from within GNU/Hurd? IOW, are the dev tools in
place? or does it require cross-building?