Re: Debian vs. Hurd init scripts: `/etc/rcS.d'

Scribit Thomas Schwinge dies 04/04/2007 hora 14:26:
> We have a problem there, because the Hurd's way of managing network
> interfaces is not very well integrated with Debian's [...]

There is an ongoing effort to replace the rotting ifupdown package that
deals with Debian's network interfaces:

http://wiki.debian.org/netconf/

Maybe some Hurd and kFreBSD developers shoudl take contact with madduck,
as he's still in the design phase, and it would be great if this new
system is flexible enough to work seamlessly with the ports that don't
use Linux.

Quickly,
Pierre
--