Netconf [was: Debian vs. Hurd init scripts: `/etc/rcS.d']

Pierre THIERRY <nowhere.man@levallois.eu.org> (05/04/2007):
> There is an ongoing effort to replace the rotting ifupdown package
> that deals with Debian's network interfaces:
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/netconf/

Thanks for bringing this (back) to our attention.

> Maybe some Hurd and kFreBSD developers should take contact with
> madduck, as he's still in the design phase, and it would be great if
> this new system is flexible enough to work seamlessly with the ports
> that don't use Linux.

You could have Cc'd debian-bsd@l.d.o, but message received anyway. ;-)
I added a wishlist item asking for flexibility/modularity so that
non-Linux kernels can be handle too.

Thanks again,

--
Cyril Brulebois