Re: Isn't it time for thinking about K11?

On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 02:12, Michael Banck wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 10, 2006 at 08:36:54PM +1200, Philip Charles wrote:
> > Quite agree, time for K11.  I have just retired (for the fourth
> > time!) and I am catching up on everything.
> >
> > I propose to build a straight K11 CD set and DVD and see exactly
> > where we are at.
>
> A new glibc got uploaded today and I hope to get a new hurd package in
> together with it.  Those will make SysV shared memory work hopefully,
> which might improve X performance.
>
> Also note that modular X got uploaded yesterday, which probably breaks
> X.org (at least building X11 programs does not work right now).
>
> Maybe you can just put up a test version of the first CD for people to
> test?

I have just got the latest debian-cd working and it can now build useless
discs which, believe it or not, is a major advance.

I will be starting the build-test-fix cycle later today.  I estimate that
the final build could be Monday/Tuesday.

Phil.

   +64 3 488 2818        Fax +64 3 488 2875        Mobile 027 663 4453
  I sell GNU/Linux & GNU/Hurd CDs & DVDs.   See http://www.copyleft.co.nz