Re: Isn't it time for thinking about K11?

On Sat, 08 Apr 2006 03:44, प्रवीण् ए (Praveen A) wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I think it would be great if we can have a release now with a lot of
> new exciting progress like gnome, Xorg ... and buildd setup... So if we
> could work on a way to make the live CD (from superunprivileged.org) it
> would be great. It shouldn't be that tough
>
> 1. Mount a GNU/Hurd partition from the live CD
> 2. Copy the stuff to the partition
> 3. Configure grub to boot from the harddisk.
>
> It would be great to work with those who made the live CD (I'm
> volunteering for it).
>
> Another thing would be to have a qemu image with network and X. It
> would really help to demo the progress of GNU/Hurd.
> http://www.zabor.org/balrog/hurd/.
>

> These to things will get more people to help GNU/Hurd.
>
> Looking forward to your comments.

Quite agree, time for K11.  I have just retired (for the fourth time!) and
I am catching up on everything.

I propose to build a straight K11 CD set and DVD and see exactly where we
are at.

Phil.

   +64 3 488 2818        Fax +64 3 488 2875        Mobile 027 663 4453
  I sell GNU/Linux & GNU/Hurd CDs & DVDs.   See http://www.copyleft.co.nz