Re: Emacs on Hurd

On Mon, 23 May 2005, Michael Banck wrote:

> It seems to work on some machines and not on others; for example, it
> used to work in my building chroot and in the main root on my notebook,
> but nowhere else.

I think it depends on the installed packages, more than the machine.

On the kfreebsd-i386 architecture, where emacs21 does also segfault,
I once made it to run again (if i remember well) by deinstalling every
shared library package not required by the emacs package itself.
This seems to match the behaviour you describe (i.e. the fact that it
works inside a chroot having only a few packages installed).