Re: sysvinit and hurd

"Alfred M. Szmidt" <ams@kemisten.nu> writes:

>    GNU/Hurd absolutely needs sysvinit, it is really important to us.
>
> Bollocks, it isn't important to GNU/Hurd nor does it _need_ it, since
> it doesn't follow the philosophy of GNU.  It might be important to
> Debian GNU/Hurd, but if you meant that then say so.

But that doesn't mean it is not important.  Now there is nothing to
replace it.  Something is better than nothing, even when you don't
like that what is available.

If it is important to Debian GNU/Hurd, it is important to GNU/Hurd.
Where do you think all porters come from?  Where do you think all
users that contribute, send patches and bug reports come from?

Even if you don't use Debian GNU/Hurd, even I can live without it, it
does not mean that it is not important.  GNU/Hurd needs Debian
GNU/Hurd, if you like it or not.

--
Marco