Re: Hurd Advocacy?

On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 13:31:37 -0700 (PDT)
Hurd Advocate <hurd_advocate@yahoo.com> wrote:

> - Are we nice enough to newbs?  (I tend to think so, but there was a
>   little hissy-fit about change-log colon-placement for hello.c on
>   bug-hurd last month)

One of the things that drove me away last time was being refused help on
irc because of how i phrased a question. (re GNU/Hurd naming
conventions)
Some tolerance would be nice.

> - Is there any one thing which could be fixed to attact a lot more
> users?
>     PPP?
>     sound?
>     USB?
>     GNOME?
>     journaled file system?
>     OpenOffice?

Stability, longer uptime.

> Anyways, I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Is the random number generator issue solved ? (it used to be a problem
when running ssh)

I look forward to L4-Hurd, seems like GNUMach is a ball and chain.

Glenn