Re: K4

On Thu, Jul 24, 2003 at 03:24:37PM +0000, Robert Millan wrote:

> If it just was rejected because it was an horrid kludge but still it
> works fine, then we should apply it in Debian since this bug is
> breaking all packages that need semaphores to build or work at all.

It's not that simple - If the kludge is difficult to recover from, it
must NOT be included.  This includes: RPC Changes, ABI/API
breakage/changes, hacks that prevent programs from running on other
non-Debian systems...

This patch mildly falls into this category, because it's adding a new
interface.  Since it's likely that we'll switch to NPTL at some point,
I'm less worried about changes to our current libpthreads code, though.
This is likely to go it.  (subject to a final read of the patch)

Tks,
Jeff Bailey

--
Breathe into my hands, I'll cup them like a glass to drink from...
 - Tattle Tale