K3 Install killed my machine

Hello,

A couple of days ago I blew up my Hurd machine so I decided to re-install
with the K3 CDs.  The install went relatively smoothly and the machine is up
but it's choking.

apt won't run: both http and ftp daemons terminate unexpectedly.
ftp segfaults
ping does absolutely nothing (literally)
pfinet translator is running and the interface shows up with ifconfig
I have recieved a couple of panics: zalloc

Any ideas on how I can get this sucker going?  I have googled about the
panic error to not much avail??

Thanks!!

Barry deFreese
Technology Services Manager
Nike Team Sports
(949)-616-4005
Barry.deFreese@nike.com

"Technology doesn't make you less stupid; it just makes you stupid faster."
Jerry Gregoire - Former CIO at Dell