Re: status of coreutils

   >    1- PATH_MAX bug reported to upstream [1], being sent to debianbts
   >    atm.
   >
   > Could you check how this bug got into coreutils?  Because I know that
   > previous version (i.e. beta versions) didn't have this bug.

   that's wrong, see the build log for 4.5.10:

   http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.php?&pkg=coreutils&ver=4.5.10-1&arch=hurd-i386&stamp=1048649725&file=log&as=raw

Interesting, and I could have bet my ass that 4.5.10 worked, guess I
was wrong.  Wait a minute, isn't this a bug in automake? Since
aclocal.m4 gets created by aclocal.

   I just wrote a note to bug-coreutils, will that suffice?

Yep.