Re: status of coreutils

On Fri, Apr 25, 2003 at 04:38:47PM +0200, Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:
>    1- PATH_MAX bug reported to upstream [1], being sent to debianbts
>    atm.
>
> Could you check how this bug got into coreutils?  Because I know that
> previous version (i.e. beta versions) didn't have this bug.

that's wrong, see the build log for 4.5.10:

http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.php?&pkg=coreutils&ver=4.5.10-1&arch=hurd-i386&stamp=1048649725&file=log&as=raw

> You might
> also want to send the bug report to bug-gnu-utils since I don't know
> how often Jim or Paul read the Savannah bug section.

I just wrote a note to bug-coreutils, will that suffice?

> Isn't this an old and known bug?  Or am I confusing it with something
> else...
> [...]
>
> Isn't this the same as the /tmp permission bug that foobared the
> file-system that was reported a few months ago?

heck, i guess i'm out of sync with the lists. i tend to use the debian
bts for libc, hurd and mach bugs, and these weren't reported..

anyway, i didn't harm anyone ;)

> If so maybe Roland
> should get of his lazy ass and apply the patch that someone sent. :-)

good to see there's a patch!

--
Robert Millan

make: *** No rule to make target `war'.  Stop.

Another world is possible - Just say no to genocide