Re: Cross installation package

On Mon, Jan 20, 2003 at 05:26:29PM -0800, James Morrison wrote:

>  I think the best place to start is debootstrap.  As AJ Towns said in the
> bts, the current patch is unacceptable for debian.

The current patch is unacceptable for AJ for arbitrary reasons i won't get
into. It was (probably) ok for debian when i sent it months ago, but it has
been onsolete now and IMHO it's better to start it again.

>  Some comments on debootstrap.  I looked at it over the weekend.  I'm about
> half done the work, and none of the testing (the long part).  So, I'll try
> to unbreak my GNU/Hurd box at home and fix this stuff up in the comming
> weekend.

good luck!

--
Robert Millan

"Omnis enim res, quad dando non deficit, dum habetur et non datur,
nondum habetur, quomodo habenda est."

"For if a thing is not diminished by being shared with others, it is
not rightly owned if it is only owned and not shared."

		Aurelius Augustinus (354-430)