Re: looking for testers of new console

On Sat, Sep 21, 2002 at 10:47:23AM +0200, Johannes Rohr wrote:
> > or similar.  A list of supported locales is not easily available, but
> > you can poke into /share/i18n/SUPPORTED to get an idea what is
> > expected for your locale, and you can also check out
> > /share/i18n/charmaps.
>
> There is no such directory on my GNU/Hurd partition. And I understand
> that in GNU/Hurd there is no support for locales yet, is there?
> Indeed, the locales package is uninstallable (depends on different
> libc6).  Or did I miss something ultra-important?

Did I forgot to mention that you need to install the locales package, and
that there is a version mismatch glitch currently, and that you can use
--force-depends anyway to install it manually?

No, it's just a bit below the part you quoted, under the heading "Unicode,
finally" :)

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de/