Re: looking for testers of new console
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: looking for testers of new console
- From: Johannes Rohr <email@example.com>
- Date: 21 Sep 2002 10:47:23 +0200
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <20020919020803.GA533@22.214.171.124>
- References: <20020919020803.GA533@126.96.36.199>
Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de> writes:
> the new Hurd console is now part of the source and of the latest
> Debian package.
Thanks a lot! From the user's point of view the old single console was
possible the most annoying limitation!
So when will you fix the 1 GB limit? ;-)
> Please let me know how it works for you. This is only tested on two
> VGA cards so far, and I would expect some problems with other VGA
Works flawlessly so far with my Diamond SpeedStar A55 (S3-based).
> or similar. A list of supported locales is not easily available, but
> you can poke into /share/i18n/SUPPORTED to get an idea what is
> expected for your locale, and you can also check out
There is no such directory on my GNU/Hurd partition. And I understand
that in GNU/Hurd there is no support for locales yet, is there?
Indeed, the locales package is uninstallable (depends on different
libc6). Or did I miss something ultra-important?