Re: looking for testers of new console

Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de> writes:

> the new Hurd console is now part of the source and of the latest
> Debian package.

Thanks a lot! From the user's point of view the old single console was
possible the most annoying limitation!

So when will you fix the 1 GB limit? ;-)

> Please let me know how it works for you.  This is only tested on two
> VGA cards so far, and I would expect some problems with other VGA
> cards.

Works flawlessly so far with my Diamond SpeedStar A55 (S3-based).

[...]

> or similar.  A list of supported locales is not easily available, but
> you can poke into /share/i18n/SUPPORTED to get an idea what is
> expected for your locale, and you can also check out
> /share/i18n/charmaps.

There is no such directory on my GNU/Hurd partition. And I understand
that in GNU/Hurd there is no support for locales yet, is there?
Indeed, the locales package is uninstallable (depends on different
libc6).  Or did I miss something ultra-important?

Johannes