Re: libstdc++4 & groff & fsck

On Sat, Sep 21, 2002 at 12:40:17AM -0300, Rafael Avila de Espíndola wrote:
> Hi, I have just installed the GNU/Hurd and have some doubts:
>
> 1)when it boots, fsck fails with error number 50. If I exit the prompt
> that appears afterwards the boot process continues.

IIRC fsck was completely broken. when you have booted, try fsck on an
unmounted filesystem and debug it with gdb (gdb fsck \ set args=/tmp/fs \ run)

> 2)groff-base depends on libstdc++4 but this package is not listed in
>   its dependences. And by the way, can I compile groff with libstdc++5?

likely it was built without the shlibdeps patch. btw, when are we going
to merge that patch into dpkg?

--
Robert Millan

"5 years from now everyone will be running
free GNU on their 200 MIPS, 64M SPARCstation-5"

              Andrew S. Tanenbaum, 30 Jan 1992