Re: libstdc++4 & groff & fsck

On Sat, Sep 21, 2002 at 12:40:17AM -0300, Rafael Avila de Espíndola wrote:
> Hi, I have just installed the GNU/Hurd and have some doubts:
> 1)when it boots, fsck fails with error number 50. If I exit the prompt
> that appears afterwards the boot process continues.

IIRC fsck was completely broken. when you have booted, try fsck on an
unmounted filesystem and debug it with gdb (gdb fsck \ set args=/tmp/fs \ run)

> 2)groff-base depends on libstdc++4 but this package is not listed in
>   its dependences. And by the way, can I compile groff with libstdc++5?

likely it was built without the shlibdeps patch. btw, when are we going
to merge that patch into dpkg?

Robert Millan

"5 years from now everyone will be running
free GNU on their 200 MIPS, 64M SPARCstation-5"

              Andrew S. Tanenbaum, 30 Jan 1992