Re: translators within themselves (was: hurd does NOT need /hurd)

Oystein Viggen <oysteivi@tihlde.org> wrote:
> There might be some tricks I don't know of to make this work also for
> passive translators, but currently, it does not seem to work "out of the
> box".  I can't think of any situation where this would be particularly
> useful, anyway.

The main reason I asked this is that I wondered whether this would be
another reason to use `/hurd' for storing translators instead of something
like `/lib' or `/bin'.  It's not that I personally need to be convinced
that `/hurd' is the right place -- I see enough reason for this already.
But if using `/lib/hurd to store translators for example would make it
impossible (or at least difficult) to translate `/lib' with something like
shadowfs/unionfs etc. then I thought this would be a reason that maybe
everyone could accept...

Regards,
Lars